Shabbat Times Bristol, England, UK
- Candle lighting: 6:47pm on Friday, 23 September 2016
- This week’s Torah portion is Parashat Ki Tavo
- Leil Selichot occurs on Saturday, 24 September 2016
- Havdalah (50 min): 7:52pm on Saturday, 24 September 2016
- Special Note about Leil Selicho
- Leil Selichot / סליחות
Selichot or slichot (Hebrew: סליחות) are Jewish penitential poems and prayers, especially those said in the period leading up to the High Holidays, and on Fast Days. In the Ashkenazic tradition, it begins on the Saturday night before Rosh Hashanah. If, however, the first day of Rosh Hashanah falls on Monday or Tuesday, Selichot are said beginning the Saturday night prior to ensure that Selichot are recited at least four times.
Leil Selichot begins after nightfall on Sat, 24 September 2016.
Portion (parasha) for this week:
Ki Tavo | כי תבוא | “When You Come In”
Torah: Deuteronomy 26:1 – 29:9(8)
Prophets: Isaiah 60:1-22
“Torah Portions” are a systematic teaching schedule that includes a portion of scripture from the Torah, Prophets, and Brit Hadasha each week. This schedule is known all over the world, and serves as a great way to facilitate discussion and learning with others in the Body of the Messiah.